I love Greek flavors and could eat Greek food once a week for the rest of my life and die a very happy woman! This dish is flavorful and fairly easy to put together and makes for a good healthy weeknight dinner.
You will need zucchini, Sun dried Tomatoes, Garlic powder, Oregano, Kalamata Olives (pits removed unless you want to break a tooth), Feta Cheese and some juicy Shrampi’s also know as shrimp.
A vegetable spiralizer is ideal but not necessary to make a zoodle – zucchini noodle. If you don’t have one then cut the zucchini in half length wise and then slice into 1/8 in strips, then turn those on thier size and cut into 1/8 inch strips again. Wah-la! you have zucchini noodles without a spiralizer. Granted they are not as pretty or as twisty but they do taste the same.
Cook the shrimp in a little Olive oil, Garlic powder and Salt and pepper Then set aside.
So once you have your zucchini- noodle-ized (now I’m just making up words) you can heat a pan over medium heat and add some olive oil, zucchini, Sun dried tomatoes, Garlic Powder, Salt, Oregano and stir until the zucchini is fairly softened. About 5 minutes. Reduce your heat and add pitted Kalamata Olives, Feta Cheese, and cooked Shrimp. Squeeze some fresh lemon over the top before serving and enjoy!
Greek Shrimp and Zucchini Noodles
- 6 small zucchini Spiralized or cut into thin slices
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives
- 3/4 Cup Feta
- 2 Pounds Shrimp Peeled and de-veined
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt More to taste
- 1 Lemon Cut into wedges
- Prepare Zucchini with Spiralizer or cut into long thin noodle like strips.
- Season Shrimp with a sprinkle of salt and about 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of Olive oil over medium high heat in a frying pan and cook the shrimp until done, depending on the size of shrimp you are using around 4-5 minutes or when they are no longer translucent and slightly pink and firm. Once cooked remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat the same pan to medium high heat and add 2 additional tablespoons of Olive Oil, Zucchini noodles, Sun dried tomatoes, Garlic Powder, Salt, Oregano and stir until the zucchini is fairly softened. About 5 minutes. Reduce your heat and add pitted Kalamata Olives, Feta Cheese, and cooked Shrimp. Squeeze some fresh lemon over the top before serving!